News and Blog for Sunday, April 4th 2010


Download PDF

Got a little more done on the Vanagon, the work honestly has been slow going but still waiting for parts.

Lets start with the one part I have managed to accumulate over the last week. One of the two required engine wiring harnesses for replacement. I ordered this one from the Subaru dealership and the second one I found for a better price and will be purchasing online. This harness will replace all the broken fuel injector plugs and won’t be burnt to a crisp. w00t!

Then I was finally able to accomplish more on the rust I had discovered that ruined the body work I had done on the driver’s side wheel arch damage. I decided this was ample opportunity to grind the rest of the filler out and work the metal some more for a better shape:

Got everything dug up and cleaned out, wire brushed and re-shaped. I noticed that I still wasn’t able to obtain the shape exactly the way I wanted:

So I threw down a layer of fiberglass cloth, don’t worry 7/8ths of this will be sanded off, I am just a novice at body work and use up lots of material:

Got the excess all cut off and this is what I was left with to sand to the desired shape:

So I started sanding:

Then I sanded some more:

This is the point I decided to stop, I had to work this weekend to I didn’t get all day on it:

Painted with black anti-corrosion paint to protect until I get some more time:

Overall I am pleased with the results, I wasn’t at first but it was mostly out of frustration towards so much sanding, but hey that’s what happens in body work.

News and Blog for Sunday, April 4th 2010
If you like stuff, rate it for us!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *